This post is going to be short and sweet. Summer is looming on the horizon. The days are longer, the skies are blue, but it's still a bit cold here to start participating in summer activities. That doesn't stop me from dreaming about a vacation. There's a whole world out there to explore. If money were no object, you'd be hard pressed to find me at home.
I'm going to change the usual top ten up and list the top five places I've been and the top five places I want to go.
Top Five Places I've been
4. Marbella, Spain- In southern Spain on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Spend the days in the sand and surf, and your nights eating and drinking. Puerto Banos is a must see. Great shopping during the day and at night, it's party time.
|Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico|
2. Florence, Italy- The art, food, and people are all enough, but to be at the center of so much history... I can't wait to go back.
5. England- I would love to tour the old estates of the English countryside. I want to see Downton Abbey, Pemberly, and all those inspirational abodes from Jane Austen's era.
Sea Breeze, I really want to see San Juan, the El Yunque Rainforest, and hear some live Bomba.
|San Juan, Puerto Rico|
2. India- This is one of the most exotic places I can think of in the world, and I really want to go. I love Indian food. I love the colors and even was married in a sari. I want to see the Taj Mahal and experience the sights and sounds of one of the most mystical places I can imagine.
1. Greece- This is top of my list. I want the islands, culture, food, music, history, all of it.
Domestically here are a few others:
New York, New York- I went as a kid, but would love to go back now for a weekend with my husband.
Savannah, Georgia- Ever since I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, I've been aching to go. I want to see the squares and old homes, listen to the music, and just be.
New Orleans, Louisiana- Food, French Quarter, cemeteries where local witches and vampires could be lurking...need I say more.
Miami, Florida- Oceans, nightlife, oceans...
Charleston, South Carolina- I want to tour the plantations and pre-Civil War homes.
National Parks in Utah bordering Arizona- Arches National Park and The Wave, such amazing natural phenomena and rock formations. Maybe a tour down the Colorado River?
Internationally here are a few more, the reasons are irrelevant.
What are your top five places you've been and top five you want to visit?