Monday, April 28, 2014

Ready, Set, Copyright!

Well it is almost time to submit my final manuscript for copyright.

I say almost because before I submit, my manuscript has to be as close to perfect as I can get it.

This week I have been doing my final proof read so I can do just that and wouldn't you know it there are additional corrections and edits that still need to be made. So I guess reading my own book one thousand times is not enough to catch everything. One thousand and one times will hopefully do the trick.

Not to mention that I just decided to add an additional outtake to the end of the story retelling a pivotal chapter from our heroes point of view. Yes I am a genius, at least in my own mind .

Copyright is a form of protection grounded in the U.S. Constitution and granted by law for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works.

Basically you go to http://www.copyright.gov/ and can submit your work digitally for a steal at $35 per work.

So as soon as I can finally get through this last (hopefully) edit, I will submit for copyright and then it is off to the races.

Like and Follow my Author Page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/jsenhaji13 for Book and Author Recs and updates on my self publishing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment