Monday, July 14, 2014

Basking in the After Glow of a Release

Today marks 1 week since I have become an officially published author.

I started this blog with the purpose of documenting my self publishing journey and now I am self published.

Wow.

When I started writing my book, I knew I wanted to publish it. A goal that was big, but I knew I wanted to do it.

When I tried the traditional route of quering literary agents and publishers, I wasn't really sure what to expect. I sent out my letters and received some rejections.

Then I researched self published authors and the process of self publishing and even though there was a ton of information to learn and the process wasn't easy, I decided I could do it.

And I did.

So here is my week in review.

Monday, July, 7, 2014, my debut novel, Sweet Dreams was released to the public. It went on sale at all major online retailers, including but not limited to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Apple Ibooks, Kobo and a few more.

My friends and family helped me celebrate with champagne and brought me their copies so I could sign them. Pretty cool.


On Tuesday, life went on as usual. Work, Home, Eat, Sleep.

On Wednesday, I went to a book signing for one of my favorite authors, Jamie McGuire, who that day hit #1 on the NY Times Best Seller's List. She signed my new copy of her book and congratulated me on my new release as well. That was a great moment.


On Thursday, I participated in my weekly Twitter chat with my friends over on 10 Minute Novelists, some of the best writers and people I have met. They encourage and support each other and I got to read a work in progress by one of my fellow members Colleen Laughlin, which was an amazing piece of fantasy/fiction.

On Friday, I participated in my first blog hop with a few fellow authors. It ended up being an awesome experience. I can't wait to do it again.

On Saturday, I spent most of the day by the pool at my apartment complex with my kids and started reading Mud Vein, by Tarryn Fisher.

On Sunday, I finished reading Mud Vein, which blew my mind it was so good, and then celebrated my step-mom Patty's birthday with my kids and my Dad.

Oh, and I worked Monday through Friday from 8-5 at my day job.

So yeah, it was a pretty good week.

I have published my first novel...Tell everyone!!!

Thanks you guys, Cheers!








Find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jsenhaji13

Find me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jsenhaji13



No comments:

Post a Comment