Monday, June 23, 2014

Butterflies

Butterflies, butterflies are swarming my stomach as we speak.

Why?

Today I sent out a Tweet to my followers on Twitter as I looked at the calendar. I was commenting on the butterflies I was feeling at the realization my release date for my debut novel Sweet Dreams is only 3 weeks away.

But that was wrong.

 I was looking at the calendar all wrong and I suddenly realized the release date is only 2 weeks away.

Oh my gosh, deep breaths, deep breaths.

2 weeks until my story is out there available for all the world to read! Squee!!!

Deep breaths, deep breaths.

One of the things I love about blogging is it's like having a journal. This has become my online journal where I can talk about what this crazy experience has been like.

Do people read my blog? Who knows. I like being able to just put my thoughts out there. Some may find it interesting and some may not. Other newbie writers may find they are feeling the same things I am, while others are having a completely different experience.

Right now butterflies have taken over.

People think it must be hard to write a book, and I can tell you that it is not easy, but I never realized that in the grand scheme of things the writing would be easier then the actual publishing.

And the waiting...oh my gosh the waiting.

The anticipation of waiting for the book to go live is extremely nerve wracking.

Here is what goes through my head on a constant loop:

I am so excited, I can't believe I wrote a book.

Will anyone like Sweet Dreams?

Will anyone buy Sweet Dreams?

I love my book, I want everyone else to love it too.

Why is this process taking so long?

Why is this process going by so fast?

From other authors and bloggers I have learned this way of thinking is completely normal, but never the less completely new for me.

What do I want out of all this?

I want people to read and enjoy my book.

What have I gotten out of all this?

I have realized that in addition to reading I absolutely love to write and will continue writing for the foreseeable future.

Do I want Sweet Dreams to become a best seller?

Yes, of course, but I am just so proud to have actually written this book and to be actually publishing it, that everything that happens after it goes live will be gravy.

I will always have my book on my book shelf, that I wrote.

Unbelievable.

So, if you are following along, please mark your calendar.

July 7, 2014, 2 weeks from today, my debut novel, a contemporary romance entitled Sweet Dreams goes on sale at all major retailers. Links can be found on my website www.jennifersenhajiauthor.com and you can even pre-order it now on Apple iBooks or B&N NOOK.

Woohoo! Almost there. Almost there.

The butterflies they are a swarmin...


Comments are welcome :)

Find me below

No comments:

Post a Comment