Monday, August 24, 2015

Back in the Saddle


Hey there all you romance lovers, long time no see. I’ve been taking a break; a break from writing, blogging, and marketing. But I’m back in the saddle.

My last release, Choosing to Dream, took a lot out of me. I love my book and am thrilled it’s out there in the world looking for love from romance readers like you. But the week I took off from the day job to push the release, left me with a month-long marketing hangover.

Marketing, for lack of a better term, is a selfish bitch. She takes and takes until there’s nothing left, but it’s part of the package when you’re a writer who wants actual human beings to read your work. So, I did it. Yay!

Now what?

Now I’m finally ready to re-enter the writing world. I never left completely, but I haven’t written anything new for quite some time.

Time to face my laptop again and organize all the ideas that have been swimming around in my head for my next book. I have a general outline, but I’ve been thinking a lot about backstory and specific scenes. With the way this book has been coming together in my head, I may end up writing it scene by scene instead of in order. I’ve never written that way before as my stories always come to me in chronological order, but sometimes it’s hard to control the creative juices, and there are scenes toward the end of the book that I want to get down on paper as soon as possible.

So what did I do as soon as I sat down at the park on Sunday with pencil and notebook in hand? I wrote the first draft of chapter one. Go figure.

The truth about my writing life is I don’t write every day. But I wrote yesterday, and am hoping to write another scene out tonight. Time to dust off my riding boots, or writing boots…

Do you find taking breaks help or inhibit your creativity? Sound off.

Signup to join My Dream Team: http://eepurl.com/bjAzz1

1 comment:

  1. I think sometimes taking a break is the best thing you can do for yourself. That way you can refresh, recharge, and renew!

    ReplyDelete