Monday, October 26, 2015

R&R - Rest and Romance


If I’m not working, I’m writing. If I’m not writing, I’m networking. Family time comes down to homework and dinner time. There’s also cleaning, cooking, laundry… There never seems to be enough time in the day or week to get all the things done I want to. I don’t see my family enough. I don’t see my friends nearly enough. My husband and I are often like ships passing in the night with our different work schedules. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I’m sleep deprived.


This past weekend I was feeling a bit under the weather. Saturday, I should have been writing, but I spent the day on the sofa watching television instead, with no energy for anything. Sunday, I slept in and then went to brunch with the family. I had a ton of things on my to-do list; color hair, laundry, two blog posts, fine tune the outline for my current WIP, a few scenes I should’ve been working on… Instead, I asked my husband to take a nap.

And so we did. We snuggled for a bit, talked, and flirted with doing something more. But relaxing in each other’s arms was so much more enticing than anything else. The phones were put away and the television was turned off. Birds chirping and kids playing outside in the distance floated on the cool breeze whispering through our bedroom window. And eventually, we snoozed.

It was heaven. Romantic. It’s something we should do more often.  Note to self: Must make more time for naps.

Take time to snuggle. Make time to caress and exchange sweet words with your partner. It doesn’t always have to lead to sex. Give your bodies the rest they need as you connect with your partner on a more intimate level.

 

I was born and raised in San Francisco, CA, and have a husband and two children. Music is an addiction. I can often be found in the car, singing along at the top of my lungs to whatever is playing. I work full time, and I split my spare time between family, reading, blogging, and writing. I’m a habitual quoter. Lines from films and TV shows constantly pop into my head—my kids are the only ones that really get it. I’m an only child, and so of course I married a man who is one of ten children. Other than English, I speak Spanish, Moroccan, and a little French. I love to travel, but don’t do enough of it. Reading has been a passion for most of my life and I now love writing. I’m klutz, and in my own mind, I’m hilarious.
Signup to join My Dream Team: http://eepurl.com/bjAzz1

No comments:

Post a Comment